When that special person finally pops the question, the first few weeks seem as if they are a dream. After you come back to reality, most people do not realise how much planning is involved until people start asking, “So when’s the wedding?” Many people recruit help to ease the load of all the planning details and call in a professional to ensure their special day is absolutely perfect. Planning a Perth Wedding can alleviate much of the stress associated with this process since they already have the connections and know the best venues for your Perth wedding to fit your desires and specifications. If a wedding planner simply is not in the budget, use these simple tips to assist you with the large task that lies ahead.
Hire a Wedding Planner
If you decide to hire a wedding planner, make sure you find someone who understands your vision and is willing to accommodate your requests. You want to find someone who has a similar sense of style and can make your dream wedding a reality. It is also important that you find someone who is organized and always a professional. The first impression can be very telling and will let you know if you are simply a pay check or a priority. You want someone who is available and easily accessible to answer any questions or address any concerns you might have. Most importantly, you want to find someone with experience because they will have the connections and know how to meet all your requests and stay within your budget.
Plan your Own Wedding
If you are like most couples, a wedding planner just is not in the budget. You can still pull off an amazing wedding, but it will take time and effort especially if you are working with a limited budget. Make sure you ask family and friends for help because they can be a great source of support and advice. They can also share information for different vendors around Perth which may save you a lot of time and money. Before you hire anybody, make sure you do your research and find reputable vendors. Here are a few tips to get you started:
Basic Tips to Start Planning
1. You first need to determine your budget. This will help you narrow down your options and decide what is most important for your big day.
2. Start your guest list since this will determine the size of the venue you will need. It is also a good idea to choose your wedding party at this point so they can assist you with the planning process.
3. Choose your entertainment for your reception. The most common choices are between a band and a DJ, but you can also consider having a photo booth, artists, karaoke, and other unique performers.
4. The next step is to select your caterer or set your menu. This can become extremely expensive if you have a large guest list or an extensive list of options for your guest. It is best to limit your choices to a few entrees and sides. You also need to think about what kind of wedding cake you want to have since it may require a separate vendor.
5. You cannot forget about the dress! For many brides this is one of the most important aspects so you want to be sure that you find a dress to suit your personality and fits well. It is a bad idea to go on a crash diet right before the ceremony since it can increase stress and affect your mood. Find a dress that fits you now, but can be altered if necessary.
6. The décor or theme of your wedding is another crucial element that sets the entire tone of your wedding. You should think about what colours you want since this will be incorporated into bridesmaids’ dresses, centrepieces, and the overall colour patterns.
7. You also want to make sure you choose the right photographer to capture your special day. These pictures will be a lasting commemoration of your wedding, so you should choose a professional wedding photographer who will provide both beauty and quality.
8. You may want to think about seating arrangements if you know there are certain guests that just do not get along. If you have assigned seating, you can prevent a lot of tension and drama on your big day.
9. Wedding cars are another detail you may need to consider, there are so many styles available today to choose from, do you require a classic or a more modern style like a stretch hummer, whatever your taste or budget is there will be something to suit your requirements.
10. Bridal bouquets also should be on your list, today so many options are to be taken into consideration, with artificial flowers being popular and being durable enough to withstand the wedding day.
Perth Wedding Venues
Finally, you will need to decide on a venue for the ceremony and the reception since this will be the majority of the budget. This will also determine other details such as the date, seating arrangements, décor, and officiate. When you are looking for venues for your wedding; you will need to factor in the amount of guests you will have, the cost, location, and amenities offered. Some great places to check out if you want a large or extravagant wedding include: The Duxton Hotel Perth or the Wellington Room. If you decide to go with a smaller, more intimate outdoor wedding, some ideal locations for your Perth wedding include the Mount Lawley Golf Club or the scenic and tranquil Milbrook Winery which is located on the edge of a lake.
Now you are ready for your special day. Following these tips will ensure that you and your soon to be spouse have the wedding of your dreams.